29 June 2014

New to the Queue

Nothing's really jumping out at us this week:

Compared favorably to "Primer," the low-budget psychodrama "Coherence."

Using a snowmobile race in Michigan as an excuse to explore the dynamics of a community, the documentary "Northern Light."

Writer/director/star Jocelyn Towne spins the tale of a woman who pretends to be her recently deceased mom to soothe her Vietnam-vet dad's senility, "I and I."

I'll probably tell myself that I told me so, but I'm tempted by Roman Polanski's version of the Broadway hit "Venus in Fur."

Eighteen years after it was made, Eric Rohmer's "A Summer's Tale" gets a U.S. release.

An improvised portrait of a marriage, "Exhibition." The writer/director, Joanna Hogg, has had her three films released in New York; the other two are family dramas based in Italy, "Archipelago" (2010) and "Unrelated" (2007), so we'll put those in the queue, too, when available.

The documentary abut the renowned Boston mobster, "Whitey: United States of America v. James J Bulger."

No comments: