16 December 2012

AV Club 3.0

Welcome to the new iteration of the AV Club. I see a lot of movies and I want to catalog them in some small way. Look for mostly capsule reviews and occasional essays about films I've seen. I also envision this version as a way of communicating to friends in Albuquerque (and beyond) the movies I plan to see, my opinion of the ones I've seen, and a forum for others to chime in with their picks. Look for these regular features:

  • Watch List: Releases that I'm keeping an eye on. I scour the New York Times' Friday Arts section, which is probably the most comprehensive compendium of new releases. Promising titles get added to my Netflix queue or my simple Word document of hopefuls.
  • Now Playing: Titles I'm hoping to catch, either at the local art house, The Guild, or at the gigaplexes in first-run form.
  • Tales From the Queue: Second-run titles that I've caught up with via Netflix or otherwise.
Below you'll find my report from the Santa Fe Film Festival, which ran Dec. 6 to 9. Above, the future of film. I plan to offer up a sketchy Best of 2012 in early January.

No comments: