26 December 2012

A List of Lists

It will take me a while to cobble together my best-of for 2012, mainly because I'm rusty and because there are some titles I'd still like to catch before settling on a list. Until then, I'll entertain you in the coming days with random lists from the past.

For starters, today, here is my list of the best films of the last decade, 2000 to 2009:



1. The Lives of Others

2. Mulholland Drive

3. The World / Still Life

4. Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

5. Saddest Music in the World / My Winnipeg

6. What Time Is It There? / I Don’t Want to Sleep Alone

7. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

8. Best in Show

9. No Country for Old Men / The Man Who Wasn’t There

10. The Squid and the Whale

11. I’m Not There

12. In this World / Road to Guantanamo

13. Y Tu Mama Tambien

14. In the Mood for Love

15. Lost in Translation

16. Royal Tenenbaums

17. Climates

18. Morvern Callar

19. Thirteen

20. When the Levees Broke

HONORABLE MENTION: Lovely & Amazing, 24-Hour Party People / Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story, Memento, Talk to Her, Darwin’s Nightmare, Old Joy / Wendy and Lucy, 
The Class, The Girlfriend Experience, Look Both Ways, Sex and Lucia, Werckmeister Harmonies, A Mighty Heart, Humpday, The Hangover, Hukkle, Innocence, Man on Wire, Sunshine State / Casa de los Babys, The Band’s Visit, A Driver for Vera, Leonard Cohen: I’m Your Man, Secretary, Under the Sand, The Astronaut Farmer, Intimate Strangers, Once, Osama, Protagonist, The Savages, Babel, The Barbarian Invasions, 51 Birch Street, In Memory of My Father, Capturing the Friedmans, Roger Dodger, Adventureland, Millions, The Kid Stays in the Picture, Cowboy del Amor, The Piano Teacher, You Kill Me, Kings and Queen, Kontroll, The Wedding Crashers, Shortbus, Snatch, Shaun of the Dead, The Aristocrats, Jellyfish, Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic, Let the Right One In


No comments: