08 July 2013

New to the Queue


Dare I disturb the universe that includes Michael Winterbottom and Steve Coogan? "The Look of Love" is debuting to tepid reviews, but I don't think I can resist the team that brought us "24-Hour Party People," "Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story" and "The Trip."

Martha and Rufus Wainwright pay tribute to their mother, Kate McGarrigle, in the documentary "Sing Me the Songs That Say I Love You."

The documentary about an early Detroit proto-punk trio, "A Band Called Death."

Another fun music doc, "The Secret Disco Revolution."

And in the style of "Jesus Camp" and "Girls Rock," the documentary "Magic Camp."

A drama set among some of the old masters, Jem Cohen's "Museum Hours."

And I know I might regret this one, even on video, but it might be time to check in on Neil LaBute and the adaptation of his stage play "Some Girl(s)."

A drama about piracy on the seas, "A Hijacking."


Three people deal with a fatal hit-and-run accident in "Three Worlds."

The story of Napster, "Downloaded," which I missed during its late-evening run last week at the Guild Cinema.

No comments: